Zealous Entertainment Tech update


Lightning strikes herbalist dead in Ekiti

Last Updated on 2 years by sfundcom

Ado-Ekiti—Apprehension enveloped Aramoko-Ekiti yesterday, following the death of a middle-aged herbalist, who was struck by lightning.

The deceased, whose name was given as Babatunde Sule and staff of Ekiti State House of Assembly Commission, was struck to death in his rented apartment located at Oke-Oja area of the town.

A source in the town said the incident, which threw the area into mourning, occurred shortly after a downpour in the town, which lasted for about two hours.

The source included that the herbalist, until his untimely death, was said to be an eminent traditionalist and a chieftain of the Traditional Worshippers Association in the community.

He clarified that on the fateful l day, the rain which began at about 4:30p.m., with a thunderstorm at continuous interims, caused alarm in the town, compelling everyone inside.

All of a sudden, there was thunder and lightning, which was accounted for to have entered the deceased’s home and struck him in the chest right where he was cooking in the kitchen.

The source told newsmen that an individual remaining close-by inside a similar compound and who was said to have been startled by the force of the rainstorm, had kept running into the kitchen to meet the deceased, yet sadly met his lifeless body in a pool of his blood.

The source added: “The unfortunate incident took everybody in the town unawares because the deceased was a notable person in the town.

“Immediately the news filtered into town, an attempt was made to contact some Sango worshippers and report the matter to a divisional police station in the town.

“The traditional rites have begun and it will last for seven days in the community, which is expected to be accompanied by a downpour in the area. This type of incident has never happened in this town, that is why everybody is panicking.”

Traditional worshippers have begun traditional rites for the late herbalist and the body has been removed from the scene for burial.

At press time, the Police could not be reached for reaction.


%d bloggers like this: