Dropbox on Mac – using dropbox on Mac for sharing the file with other device is very simple. This help in sharing photos, large file to others without stressing yourself. That is one of the reasons Dropbox is the most used cloud-based storage system. Using dropbox on windows, Linux, and mobile phone is available as well in ions devices.
The first thing to do in adding a dropbox account on Mac is to open a dropbox account. Once you have created the account and installed it, then it will appear on your Mac as a folder. Dropbox gives it basic users 2 GB and an extra 500 MB space when you refer someone to register.https://www.zmamen.com/dropshipping-how-to-start/
Dropbox Price/ plans
• The basic plan of dropbox is free, as a basic user 2GB plus 500MB for a referral will be allocated to this user.
• Pro plan costs $9.99 which is paid yearly and 1 TB (one terabyte) is given to its users.
• They also have a business for Teams plan this cost $15 per user. This is a good plan for the business user with a five minimum of the user.
How to install dropbox
- To install dropbox drag the installer by downloading it from the dropbox website. Once that is done.
- Look for the installer on your downloaded folder which may contain “dropboxinstaller.dmg” or you may double click the dropbox Installer.dmg file.
- On the dropbox installer window that is open click on the dropbox icon. There you will see a notice pop up telling you an app downloaded from the internet. Then click the button to continue.
- Here, dropbox will automatically update the installer as is required and the installation process will start.
- Once that is done, that is complete; dropbox icon will now be added to your Mac’s Menu bar. So the dropbox app will now be installed in your application folder and a dropbox window will be open for you to Sign in.
- If you already have a dropbox account, you can simply enter your email address and password to sign in if you don’t have an account click the Sign – up Link near the corner at the bottom to fill in your required information.
- Once you finally sign in, dropbox will send you a congratulation message displaying on the window for successfully completing the installation. Click on open my Dropbox folder button.
- So you will be requested to enter a password for the dropbox folder and system to work correctly with your Mac. Enter the password and click OK.
- From there, dropbox will now add itself to your finder’s sidebar, and as also deposit a Get Started with dropbox PDF into your Dropbox folder.
Using Dropbox with Your Mac
Using a dropbox with your mac, is to login into dropbox, integrating itself, finder, into Mac. This setting can be changed by using preferences by selection the dropbox menu item and click the gear icon in the bottom of the dropdown window. That is select preference >pop – up menu.
How to use Dropbox Folder
Dropbox folder work as any other folder on your Mac, with little differences. The first thing is any file copy within the folder is synced to the dropbox cloud. This makes the file available to another device through the dropbox website or via dropbox app if you are using the app on your device.
Another thing you will observe is a new flag connected with files and folders within the dropbox folder. As this flag appears on the list, column, and cover flow finder views will show the status on the current item that is sync on your status. When it shows a green checkmark it tells that the item has been successfully synced to the cloud. When is showing Blue circular arrow it indicates syncing is in the process.
NOTE: you can also access your data from dropbox on the website: http://dropbox.com